jadeeby

When Jade Eby Isn't Writing...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

I had heard so much talk about this book through the grapevine that I figured I'd give it a try and I'm so happy I did. I didn't just love this book, I LOVED this book. Hands down, one of the best novels I've read in quite a while. You know whats so funny about loving this book is that it's simple and complex all at the same time. Written in letter format, the story intertwine seamlessly and natural. The characters are almost shown more clearly through their letters than if a paragraph was used to describe them. It's hard for me to summarize this novel because my head is all fluttery and smitten right now. I almost feel like I'm having a love affair with this novel. I absolutely fell in love with some of the characters. I want to believe so badly that I am like Juliet, she is amazing. I love the way she falls in love with Guernsey and it's inhabitants almost as swiftly as I have. I can not find one terrible thing to say about this book.