jadeeby

When Jade Eby Isn't Writing...

Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

I had my doubts about Niffenegger's second book because I fell in love with Time Traveler's Wife, and topping that book was an impossible feat in my eyes. However, after I was finished with Her Fearful Symmetry, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a unique twist on a ghost story and I really enjoyed it. I did however have a few complaints. I wish she would have gone into more detail about how the "ghost world" works that she so easily talks about. My mentor always told me that with the right amount of talent and skill that sci-fi or unbelievable story lines can be written very believable. I guess that half way through the book she does well with making me believe everything that is happening, but by the end, I've changed my mind because she seems to taper off and create TOO far-fetched ideas. Overall, I really did enjoy this book and I recommend it for anyone who enjoyed Time Traveler's Wife!