jadeeby

When Jade Eby Isn't Writing...

Melody Burning (Christy Ottaviano Books) - Whitley Strieber Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

The Good: I love love love the cover! The concept behind this book was SO awesome. The idea of this little boy literally growing up inside of a growing building is crazy. Can you imagine being on the 40th floor of a skyscraper and hearing something in the walls? Not like tiny animal sounds but literally...someone IN the walls.

That being said...

The Bad: Those were pretty much the only good points about the book... Even the cover lost its appeal for me once I finished because it's supposed to be Melody...but the girl on the cover is a little older and seems....more mature than the Melody in the story. Neither Melody nor the other main character Beresford were developed thoroughly and Melody seemed unauthentic and her mom was annoying. Some of the lines she said did not even seem like a mother would say it. This book just didn't do it for me and its disappointing because the concept could have been done SO much better.

Overall I would give this book a D. I can't recommend this book for anyone looking for a serious read.