jadeeby

When Jade Eby Isn't Writing...

The Girl She Used to Be - David Cristofano Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

This book by David Cristofano was a cute, quick read. Being the naughty type of reader I am, I judged the book by it's cover too quickly. I figured it would be another chick lit/feel good type of book. Don't get me wrong, there was definitely that feel to it, but it ended up being a little more. Melody and her family witnessed a horrific act of violence as a child and has been in the Witness Protection Program ever since. It was meant to keep her safe, but safe is the last thing she's felt since she was forced into the program. She comes face to face with her past and everything she thought she knew changes. Honestly, what I enjoyed most about this book is that the voice and mannerisms of the female character were pretty dead on and the author is a male. I can usually tell if a female character is written by a male, but he did a great job with Melody. I give this book a B.