jadeeby

When Jade Eby Isn't Writing...

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs Originally published at my blog Chasing Empty Pavements

I knew the moment I saw the cover of this book that I was going to read it. Then I read the blurb and I was hooked. It was like this book was written for me. On top of the awesomeness I already knew about this book, John Green was a huge supporter of Ransom Rigg's and since I adore John Green, I knew he wouldn't suggest something crappy. Now you know you're truly a book blogger when you have to take "breaks" from reading your author/publisher requested books to read a book you are actually interested in and purchased yourself. I've been doing really well keeping on my requested books so I decided to reward myself with this novel. I'm SO happy it lived up to my expectations!

The Good: Much like the author of this book, I am fascinated by old pictures. It's amazing to try and figure out the history behind the picture and most times, whatever crazy history you give it is often ten times more crazy than the actual real history of it. I know a lot of people were upset that this book wasn't as creepy as the pictures alluded too, but I was actually very impressed with the made up history of the pictures. I thought Riggs created an amazing, wonderful and ALMOST realistic story behind the pictures. I felt like the pictures all related together and there were points when I actually believed the story behind the pictures. I think that the world building was CRAZY awesome in this novel. Riggs is a mastermind writer. Honestly, there was just so much I enjoyed in this novel, I can barely formulate my thoughts. Just read it. You won't be sorry.

The Bad: As much as I loved this book, I was a wee bit disappointed with the last half of the book. I thought it fell apart a little bit but it wasn't terrible, just a little disappointing.

I give this book a B+!!